Want to Do Video Marketing But Too Shy to be on Camera?
Why is it that others are confident enough to be on camera? You have seen these really amazing videos of experts on YouTube wherein they share their weekly tips by recording videos of themselves. They have some nice lighting, a nice backdrop, and all that good stuff. Don’t you wish you could do that too? Well I wish I could too, but if you are camera shy just like myself, how on earth can you do video marketing?
Do you have to buy a nice video camera? What software should you use for editing your videos? Do you need to hire a video editor? Do you need an expensive microphone for recording? Do you need to set up a studio with all the lighting? For us camera shy types, we don’t need all of these.
I started my weekly Teach Me Tuesday videos (I practice what I preach… ha!) because I believe it would help a lot of people if I show them how to do things. What I’m doing every week is recording screencasts. This is a type of video recording that allows you to record your screen while you narrate. This kind of video lessens your spending since you won’t need a model to shoot or any cameras, or a location to shoot your video. All you need is a laptop and internet connection, and you’re on your way to creating videos.
Here are some of the tools that you can use for recording screencasts:
- Camtasia Studio (Paid) – This is an amazing software and this is what I personally use for recording and editing my videos. It also allows you to zoom in and out certain important details in your computer screen. You can edit your recording at your specifications. When you are done editing, you can then save it to your preferred format and share it to your website or in YouTube.
- Jing (Free and Paid version) – This software gives you a chance to record static or stationary shot on your screen. It allows you to record for 5 minutes. The downside on this one is that you can’t edit the same. But since it is free you can retake as many times as you want. There is a premium version at a low price of $ 14.95 a year.
- Screenr (Free) – This program can be utilized by both Mac and PC users and is web-based so you don’t have to download anything. It allows you to record both video and audio for 5 minutes. However, the downside is that you can’t edit the video after you finish recording.
- Screencast-o-matic (Free and Paid) – One of my favorites because of the features. This is a web-based screencasting tool that allows you to record videos up to 15 minutes. If you would like editing capability and other advanced features, you can go for the Pro version which is $15/year.
- CamStudio (Free) – This is a desktop screen recorder (which means you have to download the software). This is totally free!
- Ezvid (Free) – This is a totally free screen recorder, movie maker, and video editor for Windows. The software automatically renders your video into an HD version for uploading to YouTube. How cool is that? You don’t need to register. All you have to do is download the software to your computer.
Now that you know how to create video tutorials, I urge you to start recording yours now!